Common Council Meeting – October 7, 2019
The Common Council will meet on October 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listen on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- From Chairwoman Finney a communication regarding progress and development in the policies for body worn camera in the Police Department, along with the PBA MOA and upcoming PBA negotiations for the next contract.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-71-approving an MOA with the City of Poughkeepsie PBA.
- Resolution R19-72, setting a public hearing for the LWRP.
- Resolution R19-73, approving the amended and restated bond resolution for the UV Disinfection Project at the Joint Water Project.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM THE HDLPC, a communication regarding land marking processes.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding a joint Common Council-Waterfront Advisory Committee workshop regarding the proposed LWRP.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the status of negotiations to extend the license to operate the Ice House.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON (Chair of the Anti-Blight Task Force), a communication regarding the proposed sale of 13 Harrison Street.
- FROM THALICIOUS CATERING, INC., located at 138 South Avenue (1st floor), a notice of intent to renew their liquor license.
- FROM TREVOR TATUROZAK, a notice of property damage sustained on September 13, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS