Common Council Meeting – February 3, 2020
The Common Council will meet on February 3, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of January 21, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-13,approving an IMA with Dutchess County regarding categories of proposed action that shall be deemed of local concern for purposes of review under GML §239-M.
- Resolution R20-14, a NYS Locality Resolution in support of the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act of 2019 , H.R. 763.
- Resolution R20-15, approving appointments to the Joint Water Board.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-01, approving amendments to the Article XX, “Towing of Vehicles from Private Property”.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CHIEF PAPE, a communication regarding a proposed Inter-municipal Agreement with Dutchess County for the 911 backup room.
- FROM DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PENNEY, a presentation regarding the 2020 Census.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER MENIST, a communication regarding the Benny’s 10th Inning License Agreement.
- FROM STEVEN PRICE, a notice of property damage sustained on December 31, 2019.
- FROM WILBER & ASSOCIATES O/B/B USAA A/S/O SHANICE BROWN, a notice of claim sustained on October 1, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: