Common Council Meeting – February 18, 2020
The Common Council will meet on February 18, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of February 3, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-16, approving an Inter-municipal Agreement with Dutchess County for the 911 backup room.
- Resolution R20-17, approving an Inter-municipal Agreement with Dutchess County for the creation of a Land Bank to file Articles of Incorporation with New York State.
- Resolution R20-18, approving an Inter-municipal Agreement with the Poughkeepsie City School District for the Student Athletic Basketball Program.
- Resolution R20-19, approving the allocation of funds from community development and improvement funds for ward-community events.
- SEQRA Resolution R20-20 and Sale Resolution R20-21, for the sale of city owned property at 123 Smith Street.
- Resolution R20-12, authorizing the extension of a license agreement with the Mid-Hudson Heritage Center d/b/a Fall Kill Creative Works for the operation of the Glebe House.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE MARTINEZ, a communication regarding refinancing Bond Anticipation Notes and Capital Plan Borrowing needs.
- FROM DOMINICK VOLINO, a notice of property damage sustained on February 10, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: