Cancelled: Common Council Meeting – March 16, 2020
UPDATED: STATEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 AND PUBLIC MEETINGS
Dear Members of the City of Poughkeepsie Community,
As of yesterday, we have one confirmed case of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) reported in Dutchess County and we must now focus on how we can prevent the spread of this virus and mitigation efforts, such as social distancing, are reported as the most effective way of helping us achieve this aim.
In order to protect public health and safety and after reviewing guidance documents relating to NYS Open Meetings Law via NYCOM as it relates to COVID-19, we are canceling our Common Council Meeting scheduled for this Monday, March 16, 2020.
We are in constant communication with our Mayor and other local legislative leaders as this situation unfolds and, as a body, we are working on developing policies to help protect and provide essential services for our most vulnerable community members and will call a special meeting to enact said policies as is necessary.
For more information on COVID-19, what to do if you think you are sick, and how you can ensure the maintenance of health for yourself and your family, please visit; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
We will continue to monitor the situation closely in the upcoming days and will issue follow-up statements as needed. Again, it is important to remember that we are a resilient community and I know that we will do what it takes to protect ourselves and to support one another.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
- 6:00pm – Common Council Special Informational Meeting
- 6:30pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of March 2, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-29, memorializing resolution opposing the merger of the NYS bridge authority into the NYS throughway authority.
- Resolution R20-30, approving an assignment of lease agreement between the City of Poughkeepsie and Mr. Biagio Bamonte d/b/a Benny’s 10th Inning.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: