Common Council Meeting – April 6, 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Common Council of the City of Poughkeepsie, will conduct their regularly scheduled Common Council meeting on Monday, April 6, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Dated: April 3, 2020
Deanne L. Flynn
Members of the City of Poughkeepsie Community,
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below;
Please register for City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting on Apr 6, 2020, 6:30 PM EDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected]
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session. We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of March 2, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-29, calling on the Attorney General to investigate instances of price gauging.
- Resolution R20-30, approving an assignment of lease agreement between the City of Poughkeepsie and Mr. Biagio Bamonte d/b/a Benny’s 10th Inning.
- Resolution R20-31, calling on New York State to increase staff for unemployment.
- Resolution R20-32, authoring a DOT grant for the restructuring of the Mansion Street Bridge at Pershing.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: