Common Council Meeting – April 20, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below;
Register in advance for this City of Pougkeepsie Common Council Meeting: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YKBifHfETme7RGExy5fGRQ
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected].
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session.
We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of April 6, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-40, retaining Counsel to advise the Common Council on the redevelopment of the DeLaval Site.
- Resolution R20-33, authorizing the City Mayor to execute the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation Engineering Planning Grant Agreement for the preliminary engineering report for sewer inflow and infiltration study.
- Resolution R20-34, authorizing and appropriation of local match for the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation Engineering Planning Grant for the preliminary engineering report for sewer inflow and infiltration study. AUTHORIZATION AND APPROPRIATION OF LOCAL MATCH FOR THE NYS
- SEQRA Resolution R20-35, determination that the proposed sewer inflow and infiltration study is a Type II Action under SEQR and will not have a significant adverse impact on the environment.
- SEQRA Resolution R20-36, and Sale Resolution R20-37, for the sale of city owned property located at 123 Smith Street.
- SEQRA Resolution R20-38, and Sale Resolution R20-39, for the sale of city owned property located at 566 Main Street.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-02, amending section 14-23, entitled “Playing in the Streets”, to prohibit the placing of basketball hoops in public streets.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMMBERS FLOWERS AND CHERRY, a communication regarding a proposed Local Law, amending, Section 14.08 of the Administrative Code, “Entitled Taxes-Penalties, Interest on Unpaid Taxes”.
- FROM ROSE MINIER, a notice of property damage sustained on March 6, 2020.
- FROM MCCABE COLEMAN VENTOSE & PATTEROSN, PLLC, a notice of personal injury sustained on January 15, 2020.
- FROM PATRICIA H. GUBER, a notice on property damage sustained on March 6, 2020.
- FROM IRENE TOMPKINS, notice of personal injury sustained on January 8, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: