Common Council Meeting – May 4, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below;
Register in advance for this City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting:
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected].
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session.
We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of April 20, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- Report from the Finance Committee
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- SEQRA Resolution R20-38, and Sale Resolution R20-39, for the sale of city owned property located at 556 Main Street.
- Resolution R20-41, introducing and setting a public hearing for a proposed Local Law, amending, Section 14.08 of the Administrative Code, “Entitled Taxes-Penalties, Interest on Unpaid Taxes”.
- Resolution R20-42, setting a public hearing for the proposed nomination for 1 and 3 Grand Street as local historic landmarks.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-02, amending section 14-23, entitled “Playing in the Streets”, to prohibit the placing of basketball hoops in public streets.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication on an updated Joint Water Board Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed settlement of a contract dispute between City and IDA for UDAG loan unpaid.
- FROM COUNCIL CHAIR SALEM, a communication regarding Slow Streets PK: In order to give residents, pedestrians, and cyclists room to maintain proper social distance and slow the spread of COVID-19 as the weather warms.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER BRANNEN, a communication regarding revisiting a parking ticket amnesty program.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: