Common Council Meeting – May 18, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
When: May 18, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
What: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected].
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session.
We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
6:00pm – Public Hearing regarding proposed Local Law LL-20-01 amending, Section 14.08 of the Administrative Code “Entitled Taxes-Penalties, Interest on Unpaid Taxes”.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of May 4, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- A report from the Finance Committee.
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-43, approving a Collective Bargaining Agreement with United Federation of Police Officers (UFPO), the union of employees who staff the Joint Water Plant.
- Resolution R20-44, approving a parking amnesty program.
- Resolution R20-45, approving a settlement of contract dispute between the City of Poughkeepsie and the City of Poughkeepsie Industrial Development Agency (IDA) for a UDAG loan.
- Resolution R20-46, amending the 2020 adopted budget due to projected shortfalls resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- SEQRA Resolution R20-47, and Sale Resolution R20-48, for the sale of city owned property located at 21 Holmes Street.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Local Law LL-20-01, approving amendments to Section 14.08 of the Administrative Code entitled, “Taxes-Penalties, Interest on Unpaid Taxes”.
- Ordinance O-20-0, repealing Chapter 2, Article VII of the Code of Ordinances entitled “Mall Commission”.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed sale of city owned property located at 25 Whinfield Street.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN AND COUNCILMEMBER CHERRY, a communication regarding the proposed PILOT Agreement with Ken Kearney for the Catherine Square Project.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS:ADJOURNMENT: