Common Council Meeting – June 1, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
When: Jun 1, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected].
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session.
We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
5:30 pm: Public Hearing regarding the proposed designation of 1-3 Grand Street as a local historic designation
6:00 pm: Tribute to honor the life and work of Barbara Jeter-Jackson
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of May 20, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- From Chair of the IDA, Melanie Vetter
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- SEQRA Resolution R20-49, and Sale Resolution R20-50, for the sale of city owned property located at 25 Whinfield Street.
- Resolution R20-51, establishing a Common Council LWRP Review Committee.
- Resolution R20-52, approving a PILOT Agreement with Ken Kearney for the Catherine Square Project.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-04, repealing Chapter 2, Article VII of the Code of Ordinances entitled “Mall Commission”.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, a communication on the Ice House lease agreement.
- FROM OASIS RESTAURANT CORPORATION, a notice of intent for Union Tavern, located at 49-57 Union Street to renew their liquor license.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: