Common Council Meeting – June 15, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
When: June 15, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for this session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here: https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
The City Council’s agenda is available online below.
The public can email written comments or questions for regular City Council Meetings by 5 pm on the day of the meeting addressed to City Chamberlain Flynn at [email protected].
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that any Executive Session of the Council will be initiated with the Council first convening on the public videoconferencing site, and then adopting a motion to go into Executive Session.
We are continuing to adapt as best we can as this unprecedented situation unfolds and we will continue to work in service to our resilient community.
Common Councilmember At-Large, City of Poughkeepsie
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of June 1, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presentation from Shannon Wong from the New York Civil Liberties Union on the “Right to Know” Act.
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-53, approving an appointment to fill the vacancy left in the 10th District Seat of the Dutchess County Legislature.
- Resolution R20-52, approving a PILOT Agreement with Ken Kearney for the Catherine Square Project.
- SEQRA Resolution R20-54, and Sale Resolution R20-55, approving the sale of an unnumbered property located on Fitchett Street.
- Resolution R20-56, approving Council amendments to the 2020 budget.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- From John Penney, Chair of the Dutchess County Complete Count Committee, giving updates on the Poughkeepsie Self Response Rate.
- From Commissioner of Finance Martinez on Parking Meter Upgrades.
- From City Administrator Nelson Sale of city-owned property at 68 N. Bridge Street.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- EXECUTIVE SESSION;
- UDAG Settlement Resolution
- NEW BUSINESS: