Special Meeting of the Common Council – June 29, 2020
COMMON COUNCIL SCHEDULES JUNE 29 SPECIAL MEETING TO SET PUBLIC HEARING FOR LOCAL LAW AMENDING CHAPTER 7 OF THE CODE OF THE CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE (THE “RIGHT TO KNOW ACT”) AND TO HOST PRESENTATIONS ON POLICING REFORM AND RACIAL JUSTICE.
On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 6 pm the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will hold a Special Meeting using Zoom videoconference software for the purpose of setting a Public Hearing on the consideration of a Local Law Amending Chapter 7, City Officers and Employees, of the Code of The City of Poughkeepsie, aligned with the “Right to Know” Act.
During the Special Meeting, the Common Council will open dialogue on Policing Reform and Racial Justice in collaboration with community stakeholders.
When: Jun 29, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
What: City of Poughkeepsie Special Meeting and Town Hall
Register in advance for this session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
DATED: June 19, 2020
By order of Chairperson Salem
Deanne L. Flynn,
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
- ROLL CALL
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-57, introducing and setting a public hearing for a proposed Local Law, amending Chapter 7 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “City Officers and Employees” (“Right to Know” Act).
- Resolution R20-45, approving a settlement of contract dispute between the City of Poughkeepsie and the City of Poughkeepsie Industrial Development Agency (IDA) for a UDAG loan.
- Captain Minard from the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
- End the New Jim Crow Network (ENJAN).
- Celebrating the African Spirit.
- Black Lives Matter Hudson Valley.
- Assemblyman Jacobsen.
- County Legislator Randy Johnson.
- Shannon Wong from the NYCLU.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: