Common Council Meeting – August 24, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
When: Aug 24, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
What: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for this session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you would like to make a comment during Public Participation, please email [email protected] prior to 5:30 pm on Monday, August 24.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of July 6, 2020
- Common Council Meeting of July 13, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- From Common Council LWRP Review Committee Co-Chairs, Councilmember Brannen and Councilmember Menist
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-68, approving the allocation of funds from Contracted Services Other to execute a professional service agreement with Kubi Ackerman.
- Resolution R20-69, calling on Governor Cuomo to sign Senate Bill S8561A, establishing a New York Food Supply Working Group.
- Resolution R20-67, introducing and setting a Public Hearing for a proposed Local Law, amending the Administrative Code of the City of Poughkeepsie for the purposes of establishing a Civilian Review Board.
- Resolution R20-70, accepting a grant from FEMA’s Fiscal Year 2019 Assistance to Firefighters Program.
- Resolution R20-71, accepting a grant from the Dyson Foundation for the purchase and installation of new dugouts and basketball hoops at city parks.
- Resolution R20-72, accepting a grant from TD Bank for the purchase of new tree plantings.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-10, amending §13-192.2 of Chapter 13 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled, “Motor Vehicles and Traffic”, to add thirty-minute parking on a portion Parker Avenue and Fairview Avenue.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed property sale of a city owned lot located on Rinaldi Blvd.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed property sale of city owned lots located on Taylor Avenue.
- FROM BONDIB HOTELS INC., a notice of intent for the Poughkeepsie Grand, located at 40 Civic Center Plaza to renew their liquor license.
- FROM CAPT’N CLIFFY’S RIVER STATIONS RESTAURANT AND CATERING, located at 1 North Water Street, a notice of intent to renew their liquor license.
- FROM TRUTH NEW YORK LLC, a notice of intent for Truth, located at 307 Main Street to obtain their liquor license.
- FROM HELBRAUN/LEVY, a notice of intent for Hive Market, LLC, located at 33 Academy Street to obtain a liquor license.
- FROM EVERETT MERRITT, a notice of personal injuries sustained on July 3, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: