Common Council Meeting – August 31, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
When: Aug 31, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
What: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for this session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you are interested in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] prior to 5:30 pm on August 31.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of August 24, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-74, approving a 2020 Budget to provide COVID-19 hazard pay to the Department of Public Work employees.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-10, amending §13-192.2 of Chapter 13 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled, “Motor Vehicles and Traffic”, to add thirty-minute parking on a portion Parker Avenue and Fairview Avenue.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM MAURICE FRYE, a notice of personal injury sustained on June 20, 2020.
- FROM LORENZO ANGELINO, a notice of intent for El Guacamole Senorita’s, LLC, located at 206 Main Street to obtain a liquor license.
- FROM MICHAEL RIECKHOFF, a notice of property damage sustained on August 4, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: