Common Council Meeting – October 5, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Oct 5, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this session:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you are interested in making a comment during Public Participation, please email [email protected] prior to 5 pm on Monday, October 5.
5:00 p.m. Public Hearing for proposed Local Law amending the Administrative Code of the City of Poughkeepsie for the purposes of establishing a Civilian Review Board
I. ROLL CALL:
II. REVIEW OF MINUTES:
III. READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
IV. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
V. CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
VI. REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
Presentation from Chair of the Finance Committee, Chris Petsas
VII. MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-79, Resolution to Rescind Resolution R10-41.
Resolution R20-80, approving an appointment to the Board of Assessment (BAR).
- Resolution R20-82, overriding the Mayoral Veto of R20-78.
- Resolution R20-83, approving the 2020 Adjusted Base Proportion.
VIII. ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
IX. PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
FROM CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE SCHOOL DISTRICT, SUPERINTENDENT ROSSER, a communication on the Poughkeepsie School District Capital Plan.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication on the proposed property sale of city owned property located at 16 Bement Avenue to Habitat for Humanity.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON AND COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE MARTINEZ, a communication regarding the 2020 Status Report, an update on the Proposed Sale of City owned Property at 28 Taylor Ave.., the 2021 Budget Outlook, and the NYS Tax Cap Override.
- FROM YARNI GUERRERO, a notice of personal injuries and property damage sustained on July 20, 2020.
- FROM RICHARD FENNER, a notice of claim.
X. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
XI. NEW BUSINESS: