Common Council Meeting – November 16, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
November 16, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this session:
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 4 pm on Monday, November 16, 2020.
5:00 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the proposed rezoning amendment of a Zoning Map to a Planned Residential Development (PRD) District at Parcel 6162-73-623227 on Milton Street.
5:30 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the proposed 2021-2025 Capital Plan
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of November 2, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-90, setting a public hearing for the proposed 2021 Budget.
- Resolution R20-91, approving a budget transferring from contingency to Fire Department Overtime.
- Motion to engage with CMA for review and analysis of the 2021 budget.
- Motion to accept addendum to the retainer for professional staff for the Council.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM POLICE CHIEF PAPE, a communication regarding an inter-municipal agreement with the Town of Poughkeepsie for a joint Emergency Service Unit/SWAT Team.
- FROM NEW YORK LIQUOR ASSOCIATES, LLC. a notice of intent for Temptation Tapas LLC d/b/a Temptation to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: