Common Council Meeting – December 7, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
When: Dec 7, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 5:00 pm on Monday, December 7, 2020.
5:30 pm – Public Hearing regarding the proposed 2021 Budget
6:30 pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-92, approving the 2021-2025 Capital Improvement Plan.
- Resolution R20-93, approving an inter-municipal agreement with the Town of Poughkeepsie for a joint Emergency Service Unit/SWAT Team.
- Resolution R20-94, approving an MOA with the Police Benevolent Association (PBA), memorializing a Successor Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-20-11, approving an amendment of Zoning Map to a Planned Residential Development (PRD) District at Parcel 6162-73-623227 on Milton Street.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM POLICE CHIEF PAPE, a communication regarding a proposed IMA with Dutchess County for Procedural Justice Training.
- FROM PLANNING DIRECTOR QUINN, a communication regarding the proposed amendment of Chapter 19, Section 19-3.19 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled, “Central Urban Density Residence District (R-4A)”.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER LORRAINE JOHNSON, a communication regarding the municipal parking lot on North Clinton and Mill Street.
- FROM JOCEYN ECHANDY, a notice of personal injuries on August 23, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: