Common Council Meeting – December 21, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Dec 21, 2020 06:30 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 5:00 pm on Monday, December 21, 2020.
5:30pm – Public Hearing regarding the amended 2021-2025 Capital Plan
6:30pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of November 16, 2020
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R20-92, approving the 2021-2025 Capital Plan.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM ROSE HARVEY, FINANCE COMMISSIONER MARTINEZ AND CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, OF NEW YORK CITY PARKS, a presentation on an over view of the Pershing Project.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER MENIST, a communication regarding the Poughkeepsie ETHICS Act.
- FROM TEMARIS EVANS, a notice of personal injury sustained April 2020.
- FROM DEBRA AND FRANK MCGARVEY, a notice or property damage sustained on November 13, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: