Common Council Meeting – January 19, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
January 19, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Special Common Council Meeting of December 17, 2020
- Common Council Meeting of December 21, 2020
- Organizational Meeting of January 2, 2021
- Common Council Meeting of January 4, 2021
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R21-13, introducing local law 1 of 2021 opting into the state judicial tax enforcement procedure and setting a public hearing.
- SEQRA Resolution R21-14, and Sale Resolution R21-15 for the sale of city-owned property located at 61 Academy Street
- SEQRA Resolution R21-16, and Sale Resolution R21-17, for the sale of 204 Church Street.
- Resolution R21-18, approving a Memorandum of Understanding with the Police Benevolent Association (PBA), memorializing a Successor Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Resolution R21-19, approving a Memorandum of Agreement between the Civil Service Employee Association CSEA and the City of Poughkeepsie.
- Resolution R21-20, renewing an IMA with Dutchess County regarding categories of proposed action that shall be deemed of local concern for purposes of review under GML §239-M.
- Resolution R21-21, appointing conflict counsel
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM PLANNING DIRECTOR QUINN, a communication regarding the proposed rezoning of 584 Main Street.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER BRANNEN, a communication regarding historic preservation legislation.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER FLOWERS, a communication regarding a proposed amendment of 13-175 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “Stop Signs; Locations Designated”, for the addition of a stop sign on Hudson Avenue
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: