Common Council Meeting – March 1, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 4 pm on Monday, March 1, 2021.
When: Mar 1, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
5:30pm – Public Hearing regarding proposed Local Law, the “Poughkeepsie Emergency Tenant Housing and Inclusionary Construction Strategy (ETHICS) Act of 2020”
6:30pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Public Hearing of February 16, 2021
- Common Council Meeting of February 16, 2021
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R21-23, adopting a SEQRA Determination of Nonsignificance regarding improvements at Pershing Park.
- Resolution R21-24, approving a bond resolution for improvements at Pershing Park.
- Resolution R21-25, authorizing a lease agreement with Scenic Hudson, Inc for exclusive use and possession of and access to two city-owned parcels (Lots 475044 & 492044) for the Pershing Avenue Neighborhood Farm.
- Resolution R21-26, approving a bond resolution for Library District bond refunding.
- Resolution R21-27, introducing Local Law amending Section 14.35 of the Administrative Code Entitled “Taxes-Partial Exemption Granted; Conditions” and setting up a public hearing.
- Resolution R21-28, approving a settlement with The O’Neill Group – Dutton, LLC
- Resolution R21-29, regarding IMA with PCSD for a community resources coordinator
Resolution R21-30, approving a Memorandum of Agreement between the Police Benevolent Association (PBA) and the City of Poughkeepsie.
- Resolution R21-31, creating a Southern Waterfront Site Redevelopment Task Force.
- Resolution R21-32, approving the appointment of Jasmin Davis as City Chamberlain.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-21-03, amending §13-214 of the Motor Vehicles and Traffic Ordinance entitled “Emergency Snow Routes”
- Ordinance O-21-04, amending §13-186 of the Motor Vehicles and Traffic Ordinance entitled “Motor Vehicles and Traffic” on Washington St.
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A COMMUNICATION FROM POLICE CHIEF TOM PAPE, regarding the City of Poughkeepsie Police Reform & Modernization Collaborative.
- FROM JOAN YOUNG, a notice of personal injury sustained on November 24, 2020.
- FROM MARSHA LEE-KEANE, a notice of property damage sustained on February 5, 2021.
- FROM HENRY C. JENKINS, a notice of property damage sustained on February 17, 2021
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: