Common Council Meeting – April 19, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 4 pm on Monday, April 19, 2021.
City of Poughkeepsie Common Council Meeting
April 19, 2021 – 6:30pm
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mnxscvroQRmu6phv2EDFaA
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Special Meeting of the Common Council of March 29, 2021
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any items not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R21-38, authorizing the City of Poughkeepsie to submit a letter to the NYSDEC regarding the evaluation of the impact of NYCDEP releases to the lower Esopus Creek.
- Resolution R21-39, approving the continuation of the City of Poughkeepsie’s Community Choice Aggregation (CCA)
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A PRESENTATION BY MAYOR ROLISON, introducing “PKGO Parks”: a proposed $3MM investment in parks infrastructure and enhancements”
- A COMMUNICATION FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON AND BUILDING INSPECTOR PHILIP, on short term rentals in the City of Poughkeepsie
- A COMMUNICATION FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, on the proposed sale of city owned property at 123 Smith Street.
- FROM EDWIN MENDOZA , a notice of personal injury sustained on January 21, 2021
- FROM JUANA C. ORTIZ , a notice of property damage sustained on March 15, 2021
- FROM HILARY GOLDMAN, a notice of property damage sustained on March 25, 2021
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: