Common Council Meeting – May 3, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Common Council will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future City Council meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the City Council members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below:
If you are interesting in commenting during Public Participation, please email [email protected] before 4 pm on Monday, May 3, 2021.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
- 5:30pm – Public Hearing regarding the proposed nomination of 112 Mill Street as a Local Historic Landmark
- 6:30pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Public Hearing Meeting April 5, 2021
- Common Council Meeting April 5, 2021
- Common Council Meeting April 19, 2021
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any items not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
- CHAIRPERSON’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- REPORTS OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS:
- FINANCE COMMITTEE
- SOUTHERN WATERFRONT REDEVELOPMENT TASK FORCE
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R-21-40, designation of the Eastman Park oval as a local historic landmark.
- Resolution R-21-41, a Resolution transferring former YMCA to Dutchess County for design and construction of a new community and youth center.
- SEQRA Resolution R-21-42, and Sale Resolution R21-43 for the sale of city-owned property located at 123 Smith Street
- Resolution R-21-44, Authorizing the appropriation and advance funding of expenses of the Grand Avenue Street Reconstruction Project.
- Resolution R-21-45, approving an amendment to the 2021 budget to restore or add certain positions to the city workforce
- Resolution R-21-46, an Inter-municipal Agreement with the City of Poughkeepsie School District for the Enforcement of Parking Regulations on School Properties
- Resolution R-21-47 NEW YORK STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW ACT (SEQRA) RESOLUTION REGARDING A SALE OF CERTAIN CITY OWNED PROPERTIES LOCATED AT 35 MONTGOMERY STREET FORMALLY KNOWN AS THE YMCA
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATIONS OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A COMMUNICATION FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, authorizing Sale of City Owned Property at: Spruce Street Vacant Lot #6062-60-924470
- A COMMUNICATION FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, authorizing Sale of City Owned Property at: 375 Church Street Vacant Lot: 6161-24-430899
- A COMMUNICATION FROM THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, authorizing a budget transfer from Contingency to Information Technology to improve Cybersecurity
- A COMMUNICATION FROM COUNCILMEMBER FLOWERS, Amending Section 6-39 of Chapter 6 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances
- FROM KENDRA DENNIS/PROGRESSIVE, a notice of property damage sustained on February 3, 2021.
- FROM BRIAN GAFFNEY, a notice of property damage sustained on February 22, 2021.
- FROM GRACE CHERRY, a notice of personal injury sustained on April 9, 2021.
- FROM CATURDAY CATERING INC., a 30 day notice of intent to apply for its liquor license.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: