Hydrant Testing – Week of May 20, 2019
This notice is to all residents of the City of Poughkeepsie who utilize City water –
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department will be servicing and testing the City fire hydrant system (weather permitting). This system is directly linked to the drinking water supply.
Be further advised that during the testing period, the water is safe, but should be run until it is clear; use caution when doing white laundry-it is recommended that you should wait a twenty-four (24) to forty-eight (48) hour period after the testing has been completed in the vicinity of your neighborhood.
Monday, May 20
- Mansion Street from Winnikee Avenue to North Clinton Street
- Allen Place
- Cottage Street Between North Hamilton and Park Place
- Bement Avenue at Dutcher Place
Tuesday, May 21
- Smith Street from Clinton Square to Lent Street
- Harrison Street
- Grant Street
- North Clinton from Thompson Street to Clinton Square