Traffic Alert: Friday, September 7th – First Friday PK+ThinkDIFFERENTLY: Bee the Light
On Friday, September 7th, from 1:15pm to 9:00pm, motorists should expect impacts around Market Street & Main Street during the First Friday Poughkeepsie and ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash events:
- 1:15PM: Market St east side lanes will close to car traffic (from Church St. to Main St.) Only one lane (westside) will be open for vehicles.
- 4:15PM – 8:30PM: Market St will close completely and will remain closed till end of event
- 4:15PM: The ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash packet pick up will begin across from 22 Market Street (DMV building)
- 5:00PM: First Friday begins (road closed from Church St-Arterial east bound to Main St County Court House.)
- 5:15PM-6:30PM: Additional city street closures will occur on Main, Academy, and Cannon Streets see race route below
- 5:30PM: Think DIFFERENTLY Dash and Queen City Mile start
The Think DIFFERENTLY Dash race route is as follows: Start in front of 22 Market Street. Take right on Main Street to light at Academy St. Right on Academy to Cannon St. Right on Cannon back to Market. Right unto Market St. to finish. The Think DIFFERENTLY Dash is one loop around and the Queen City Mile will be two loops around.
Closest event parking will be in the following locations:
Liberty Street, Academy Street, Financial Lot (high rise across from Mid-Hudson Civic Center).
Carpooling is encouraged.