Police Operations & Procedures During COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of Poughkeepsie Police Department would like to inform all community members with regard to Police operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Poughkeepsie police department is operational and currently fully staffed. The support staff is working from home to the extent that they can so you may have a delay in receiving a return call from our records department and other non – emergency business. At this time the 911 center is fully staffed and operational for emergency calls. All emergency police calls will be answered and police officers will be dispatched to the location.
The following are procedures that will be followed by police department personnel regarding non-emergency calls for service and reports being filed.
- 1 – The lobby of the police station continues to be open 24 hours per day. Any visitors to the lobby to make a non-emergency police report, will be limited to one person inside at a time.
- 2 – All “non-emergency” police reports can be made by using “online reporting.”
- Go to www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com/police-department/
- “click” File a Report (non-emergency)
- Read along and follow the appropriate directions
- 3 – All “non-emergency” calls requesting an officer, will be screened by a public safety dispatcher. Some calls may be handled by an officer or civilian over the phone and a report filed.
- 4 – Responding police officers will limit their exposure during responses to non-emergency calls. Reporting persons/complainants will be requested to meet officers outside of their residence or current location. The officers will offer further direction to reporting persons/complainants.