Public Arts Commission Meeting – February 20, 2020
The Public Arts Commission will meet on February 20, 2020, 2019 at 6:30 pm in the Common Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, City Hall (62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York). For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF JANUARY 16, 2020 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- ART EXHIBIT IN THE COMMON COUNCIL CHAMBERS update on plans for the Public Arts Commission to manage the exhibit walls, from Jeff Aman.
- PUBLIC ARTS COMMISSION SOCIAL MEDIA update, from Liz Dahmen.
- HISTORIC BRIDGES OF THE HUDSON VALLEY, call to artists reminder from Jeff Aman.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- OUTREACH TO NEW CITY RESIDENTS discussion.
- FIRST FRIDAY EXPANSION OF ARTS COMPONENT discussion led by Azia Brown and Jeff Aman.
- PAOLA BARI, Communication about an upcoming event at the Queen City 15 Gallery titled “Meet the Matis”.
- TOBIAS ARMBORST, Vassar College Associate Professor of Art and Director of Urban Studies, presentation and discussion of the upcoming visit of Jeanne van Heeswijk to Vassar through the Tatlock program for Multidisciplinary Study.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- FIRST FRIDAY: Friday, February 6, 5:30pm.Mahoney’s Irish Pub and Steakhouse & Juan Murphys
- HUDSON VALLEY GOSPEL FESTIVAL: “Ain’t That Good News” February 21-23 Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, Changepoint Theater, and the Nesheiwat Convention Center
- Next Meeting: Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:30pm