Public Arts Commission Meeting – June 18, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below.
Please register for City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on June 18, 2020, 6:30 PM EDT
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here: https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 20, 2020 MEETING
- HAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- ARTS COMMISSION SUPPORT OF FIRST FRIDAY – Suspended
- ART EXHIBIT IN THE COMMON COUNCIL CHAMBERS – Suspended
- WARYAS PARK WHALE SCULPTURE RESTORATION – Open Invitation
- NEW BUSINESS:
- STATE OF THE ARTS IN POUGHKEEPSIE introduction to a new PKGOArts web page supporting galleries, arts organizations, and businesses.
- LIFE AFTER COVID-19: ROLE OF THE ARTS IN DEFINING WHAT THE
- “NEW NORMAL” COULD BE – open discussion about ideas for future projects that are inclusive and welcome a wide variety of voices seeking expression, representation, and citizenry.
- VII. PRESENTATIONS:
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- FIRST FRIDAY: TBD
- LA GUELAGUETZA: August 12, Waryas Park
- JAZZ IN THE VALLEY: August 16, Waryas Park
- Next Meeting: Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:30pm