Public Arts Commission Meeting – September 17, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below.
Please register for City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on September 17, 2020, 6:30 PM EDT
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here: https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF JULY 16, 2020 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- STATE OF THE ARTS discussion of status and website rollout.
- REQUEST FOR CITY PUBLIC ART SPACE requests from the public for affordable space(s) for meetings, exhibits, and events.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- PUBLIC ARTS COMMISSION APPOINTMENTS
- PUBLIC ART POLICY request from Mayor Rolison.
- SUPRINA TROCHE, presentation about “We are all in this together”.
- ANDRES SAN MILLAN, presentation about the Wheaton Park Bridge proposal.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- WE RISE: Centennial of Women’s Right to Vote, September 4-19
- Next Meeting: Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:30pm