Public Arts Commission Meeting – October 15, 2020
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below. Please register for City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on October 15, 2020, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here: https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2020 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- PPAC APPOINTMENT OF VICTORIA HORNER by Mayor Rolison.
- THE ARTS IN POUGHKEEPSIE WEB PAGE status update.
- PCSD CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT resolution urging public support for both proposals in the October 20 vote.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- GARBAGE TRUCK PAINTING APPROVAL for recycling truck #107 by Suprina Troche with artist Nestor Madalengoitia.\
- MATTHEW BRILL-CARLAT, Coordinator of Research and Pedagogy, Consortium on Forced Migration, Displacement, and Education (CFMDE) presentation on the 45,000 Quilt project and upcoming exhibits.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION, Saturday, Oct 31, 2:00-5:00pm Bartlett Park (Are there others?)
- Next Meeting: Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:30pm