Public Arts Commission Meeting – January 21, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below. Please register for the City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on January 21, 2021, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 19, 2020 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- THE ARTS IN POUGHKEEPSIE WEB PAGE status update.
- WHALE SCULPTURE IN WARYAS PARK – status update and discussion. See Agenda Download for more information.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- PUBLIC ART POLICY – discussion on goals and scope of proposed policy.
- FUTURE / DANGLING TOPICS:
- Artwork in City of Poughkeepsie Bus Shelters
- Artwork exhibit in City Hall Common Council Chambers
- Celebrating the African Spirit project
- Refresh of garbage can wraps along Main Street corridor
- Painting of another DPW Sanitation vehicle
- Street banners
- CORENE CONCEPCION-RIVERA & L’QUETTE TAYLOR – Right Way 2 PK Progress proposal for a community artwork project in Hulme Park. See Agenda Download for more information.
- ADEN FISCHER-BROWN – Presentation by Aden Fischer-Brown from Vassar College Urban Studies, about their MakerBoards collaborative art project. See Agenda Download for more information.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Gallery openings / exhibits continue to take place!
- Next Meeting: Thursday, February 18, 2021 6:30pm