Public Arts Commission Meeting – March 18, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below. Please register for the City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on March 18, 2021, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 18, 2021 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- Introduction of Vassar College Interns
- OLD BUSINESS:
- PUBLIC ART POLICY – discussion on purpose and goals a public art policy.
- WHALE SCULPTURE IN WARYAS PARK – update on restoration focus group.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- SKYSCRAPER (The Bruges Whale) – potential exhibit of touring Blue Whale sculpture.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Crows on the Hudson virtual artist talk by Claudia Gorman, Boardman Rd Library exhibit
- Dutchess Partners in the Arts – Grant opportunities for artists and arts organizations
- PoughETRY Fest 2021 – virtual event April 23 with Poet Gold
- Fallkill Creative Works Spring Clay Classes – fallkillcreativeworks.org/classes
- Gallery exhibits: Queen City 15, Gallery 40, Womenswork.art, Boardman Rd. Library
- Next Meeting: Thursday, April 15, 2021 6:30pm