Public Arts Commission Meeting – May 20, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below. Please register for the City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on May 20, 2021, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF APRIL 15, 2021 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- PUBLIC ART POLICY – update on ongoing policy document development.
- WHALE SCULPTURE IN WARYAS PARK – update from the restoration focus group.
- CELEBRATING THE AFRICAN SPIRIT – latest status, June update expected.
- SKYSCRAPER(TheBrugesWhale) – update on exhibit.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- POUGHKEEPSIE MURALS – discussion about adding a murals page to the to PKGOArts website.
- ARTS CALENDAR – discussion on possible arts calendar addition to the PKGOArts website.
- JAIME AGUAYO BAAS – conclusion of Vassar College student internship focus on research on funding of public arts around the country.
- SAVANNAH WRAY – conclusion of Vassar College student internship focus on social media growth.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Gallery exhibits: Queen City 15, Gallery 40, WomensWork.art
- Poughkeepsie Open Studios, June 19/20.
- Poughkeepsie Public Schools Foundation Gala, tonight, 7pm on Facebook and Youtube.
- Next Meeting: Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:30pm