Public Arts Commission Meeting – June 17, 2021
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below.
Please register for the City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on June 17, 2021, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF MAY 17, 2021 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- GARBAGE TRUCK #97 PAINTING – status update.
- WHALE SCULPTURE IN WARYAS PARK – update from the restoration focus group.
- HISTORIC BRIDGES OF THE HUDSON VALLEY – additional bridge models.
- PUBLIC ART POLICY – discussion on Public Art Policy and Processes topic.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- DUTCHESS COUNTY URBAN TRAIL PROJECT – community outreach.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- CURRENT EXHIBITS AND UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Queen City 15: “Possibilities” exhibit by Mary Flad and Mary Ann Glass
- Gallery 40: “Tra(n)ce” by Tiantian Ma
- WomensWork.art: “Keep It Local”
- Poughkeepsie Open Studios, June 19/20
- Poughkeepsie Trolley Barn – International Juried Exhibit “Up Close and Personal”
- The Great Studio: Photography of Caitlinn Ramsden, Lady Ramsden
- Adriance Memorial Library: Drawings of Paul Kmiotek
- Barrett Art Center: “Fun House: Art of the Surreal + Bizarre” and Barrett Kids
- Cunneen-Hackett Arts Center: Photography of Barbara Todd
- “Jazz In The Valley” is back! August 15.
- Next Meeting: Thursday, July 15, 2021 6:30pm