Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Public Arts Commission (“PPAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future PPAC meetings (including public hearings) will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the commission members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting with the information posted below. Please register for the City of Poughkeepsie PPAC Meeting on April 15, 2021, 6:30 PM EDT.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website.
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVE MINUTES OF MARCH 18, 2021 MEETING
- CHAIRMAN AND COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- OLD BUSINESS:
- PUBLIC ART POLICY – update on ongoing policy document development.
- WHALE SCULPTURE IN WARYAS PARK – update from the restoration focus group.
- SKYSCRAPER(TheBrugesWhale) – update on potential exhibit.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- KATHERINE HITE, CARMEN McGILL, KALIMAH KARIM – Celebrating the African Spirit Honoring Enslaved Africans and Their Descendants of Poughkeepsie (CAS), update on their work and upcoming plans.
- PAOLA BARI – The Art League of Hyde Park and Poughkeepsie, a coalition of local art galleries requesting our assistance.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three minutes per person on any topic.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- PoughETRY Fest 2021 – virtual event April 23 with Poet Gold
- Gallery exhibits: Queen City 15, Gallery 40, WomensWork.art
- Next Meeting: Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:30pm