Waterfront Advisory Committee Meeting – September 22, 2020
The City of Poughkeepsie Waterfront Advisory Committee with hold their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 6:00 PM.
Effective immediately and based upon notices and health advisories issued by Federal, State, and Local officials related to the Coronavirus, the City of Poughkeepsie Waterfront Advisory Committee (“WAC”) will not hold in-person meetings. Until further notice, all future meetings will be held via videoconferencing, as permitted by the NYS Open Meetings Law. Due to public health and safety concerns, the public will not be permitted to attend at the remote locations where the WAC members will be situated. The public, however, will be able to fully observe the videoconference meeting in real-time by registering for the GoToWebinar with the information posted below. The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on the City’s website.
Please register for City of Poughkeepsie WAC Meeting to be held on September 22, 2020, 6:00 PM EDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The meeting will be recorded and subsequently posted for viewing on our website and can be found here; https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=cop The Waterfront Advisory Committee’s agenda is available online below.
I. APPROVAL OF AUGUST 25, 2020 MINUTES
II. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
1 ) Update on LWRP
- Discussion of the “LWRP Working Group” formed by the City Common Council
- Discussion of Resolution Number R-20-68, authorizing the Chair of the Common Council to retain an outside consultant at a cost of up to $20,000, and subsequent veto and attached memorandum.Submission Materials: Memorandum Re: Consultants Hired for LWRP Update (August 31, 2020) | Download
- Discussion of projects in expanded (future) Waterfront Revitalization Area:
- Kaal Rock Connector, Public Waterfront Access and Waterfront Trail Extension as Part of Any Future Redevelopment of the Former DeLaval Site, Mid‐Hudson Children’s Museum Expansion and Upper Landing Park, Redevelopment of Former YMCA, Northside Collaborative’s Creek Concept Plan including Improvements to Malcom X Park and Pershing Avenue Park, etc.
- For a full list of potential projects please see Section IV of the proposed LWRP at https://cityofpoughkeepsie.com/lwrpupdate/documents/